About Dealers Wholesale
About Dealers Wholesale
Established in 1963, Dealers Wholesale has been synonymous with high-quality building materials direct from some of the finest manufacturers across the construction industry. Our company specializes in the fabrication, distribution, and installation of quality building products such as commercial doors, frames, hardware, access control systems, toilet accessories and partitions, prehung interior wood doors, prehung exterior metal clad and fiberglass doors, fireplaces, surrounds, and many other specialty items.
Our company employs around 80 people and is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN in a 45,000-square-foot facility.
The best-fit candidate must be aligned to the company’s mission, core values, and culture:
- ACCOUNTABLE: Accept responsibility willingly
- RELATIONSHIP-DRIVEN: Treat people in a fair, respectful, and sincere manner
- SOLUTIONS FOCUSED: Solve problems with a can-do attitude
- STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE: Aspire for perfection in everything we do
Our Core Focus: Raising the bar on customer expectations by providing managed building product solutions.
If you are interested in learning more about Dealers Wholesale’s HR Business Partner, please contact Vanessa Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The HR Business Partner is responsible for designing, executing and leading human resources efforts to attract, recruit, develop, and engage high-performers who reinforce Dealers Wholesale’s values and contribute to business growth and long-term success.
- Develop, implement and lead people strategies that align with Dealers Wholesale’s business strategy, objective, mission and core values.
- Lead strategic recruiting and on-boarding efforts: Identify and cultivate talent pipelines, partner with network to expand recruitment reach, develop creative approach to securing top-talent, and ensure consistent recruiting and interviewing practices.
- Manage relationship with HR PEO as liaison for all HR related efforts.
- Guide and coach managers on employee relations and HR issues in line with Dealers Wholesale company policies and best practice, including disciplinary, grievance, performance, and absence management.
- Drive and deliver HR initiatives to support business and leadership goals, to include talent development, employee engagement, performance management, leadership development and organizational change.
- Cultivate a “learning environment,” where team members are developed to their potential, in alignment with their strengths, passion and company values.
- Create opportunities to continuously improve employee engagement and contribute to a strong and healthy culture.
- Support the company safety program.
Dealers Wholesale Core Competencies
- Personal Leadership: Demonstrates self-awareness through accurate assessment and management of control of one’s own attitudes and belief systems
- Models Culture: Believe in, embrace and live company mission, vision, values, and ethics.
Role Specific Competencies
- Change Champion: Help team members transform the company by focusing on such matters as organizational effectiveness, improvement, and development.
- Results Driven: Strong orientation to get results. A track record of goal achievement and high performance. Enjoys working hard and is action oriented. Has a sense of urgency and perseveres to achieve results. Anticipates and finds a way around obstacles.
- Lead Others: Coaches, mentors and motivates others to meet the organization’s vision, commitments and goals while fostering positive and constructive feedback, recognition, leadership, and personal and professional development.
- Developer/Grow People and Teams: Maintain a great eye for talent and develop an effective system for screening, selecting, on-boarding, developing and retaining people who deliver results and model our core values. System needs to be documented, repeatable and scaled to the entire organization. Ensure all team members are equipped to succeed (Right DNA, trained fully, led well, communicated with, recognized and rewarded appropriately)
- Communications: Using language, verbal and written, to share and collect information, exchange ideas and open explore a variety of perspective while being flexible to adjust style and content to each unique person, audience and situation. With the senior leadership team, define the Dealers Wholesale culture and what it means and why it is important. (Clear understanding, common language.)
D. Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, HR or related field
- Minimum 5 years in HR/Talent Development/Talent Acquisition
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
E. 2019 Outcomes/Measures of Success
- In partnership with senior leadership team deliver 2019 strategic plan.
- Deliver well qualified, trained, highly capable team members to execute Dealers Wholesale’s plans on time and on budget.
- Execute on year one of Dealers Wholesale’s talent strategy.
- Hold team members accountable, recognize, and celebrate team members for delivering great results.
- Model Dealers Wholesale’s culture and hold senior leadership accountable for modeling culture.
- Develop systems for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining top talent.
- Grow self and serve as a role model for self-improvement.