Reports To: Operations Manager
Date: April 2018
Servant’s Heart: A person with a servant’s heart does their work with an extra bit of focused
commitment to ensuring that clients, coworkers, and One Point achieve their goals.
Outcomes Focused: When we focus on outcomes we achieve outcomes. We never work just for
the sake of working and putting in our daily/weekly time.
Commitment to Excellence: We can’t be perfect. But, we can be excellent in all that we do in our
personal and professional lives.
The Pre-press Technician is part of a team of experts, dedicated to the day-to-day
business of printing and is responsible for the layout and preparation of electronic files per customer
and printer specifications to ensure a quality press-ready file.
1. Preflight files
2. File layout for press
3. Color management
4. Output and assembly of proofs
5. Making plates for offset presses
1. Attention to Detail: Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Performs tasks with care; is thorough, makes few if any errors
- Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Compares observations or finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies
2. Customer Focused: Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by One Point
- Shows interest in, anticipates, and responds in a timely manner to customer needs
- Focuses on achieving the customer’s desired results.
- Recognizes adverse customer reactions with appropriate alternatives
3. Adaptability & Flexibility: Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work
- Adapts approaches, goals, and methods to achieve solutions and results in dynamic
- Recovers quickly from setbacks, and finds alternative ways to reach goals
- Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish
goals and solve problems
Outcomes/Measures of Success over next 12 months
1. Demonstrated ability to learn and enage and live out the OP Values and mission
2. Master XMF Workflow
3. Output at rate of 90% of estimate times with an error rate of less than 2%
Education/Knowledge/Skills Requirements (minimal)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong math and computer skills
- Strong sense of design and color